Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sheffer 6/18

My friend gyrated on the floor in front of the amp
I danced and guarded her as well as I was able
cables dangling from the ceiling not even a mat --
yoga and sushi the future, exotic food meant poi
proudly countercultural, dorm rooms never neat,
lived on wheat sprouts, undercooked lima beans,
bass pounding through my pelvis as if to gain
anything but orgasm made nonsense in that arena
(college cafeteria) and grass made me Glenda
everyone Glenda the Good, our arms gone wands
we blessed everyone everything, high as an alp
our power pulsing through the speakers, Tiny
Dancer, my friend upright and thrashing, the boy
with waistlength hair pulling me closer, it all
mattered and none of it mattered but matter
moving colliding like remnants of the Big Bang
in deep space grandiose colossal even my ear
Venus size widening ranging as if just to hear
were its tiniest ability as it licked up, sucked in
decibels as if sound was all you can eat spaghetti.

No comments: