Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daily Crossword Puzzle Poem Draft from Dec 28 on Dec 30 (New Year's Eve Eve)

If all the world's a cage let's all be pests
and he who's bitten is he who stops and sits.
Or maybe it's a farm and each of us an acre
or a fabric store - we're canvas cloth or satin
or a high school test and I am false and true.
Genesis supposes we were sculpted out of clay
though we may be notes or numbers on a scale
and what I've written no more mine than rote.
We are colors (don't be blind) and my tone
a sunny bronze, yolk yellow three minute eggs
a beggar's bowl, tap dancer's shoe, Zap
comics frame, Waldo but its you that's hid
or me. Or a jail cell in which we all atone
or senses - you be friction and I'll see.
If we're foodstuffs then Im instant cocoa mix
physics equations - I'm opposite your speed.
Goddesses straddle continents. Your Thor
grabs my hammer, boar chases colt
earth ablaze and bruised from our ideals
we'll sign any declaration you have wit
to set beneath our pens, so many
flapjacks so few short order cooks.
Your aura more satsuma than ugli fruit or lime
we detest time though not the tide, mere
meercats more our speed than lynx, akin
our feelings now to all that's gone before.

No comments: