Friday, December 11, 2009

Daily Crossword Puzzle Poem Draft for Tuesday, December 8 on Friday December 11
because I cannot complete Friday's puzzle. Okay? I just can't.

Seattle's famous blue sky is poised to sag
Columbia Tower shrouded in ceo motto
and cloud. Bon star on Macy's, new crop
of crap in windows ho ho about as pure
as valentine's guy all nudeness and arrow
sagas, epics, legends, myths all redo
colorized as high colonic (I overdo a tad.)
Ahem and god rest ye and pull me a slice
of mandarin, regard me from behind epee
whoopee our eyes all sugar plums we boast
and toast and roast turkey from the deli
krumkake, berlinerkranzer, deserts
taste who we are as we await the storm
reweave the passing year in print
hint only. Rules are rules and shhh
to all who break them. Holly teasets
like Venus on the tissue, holy drapes
under creche, French horn for carol
peace prize are we 1984 at war?
Feast time baby bathed in tiny lights
is it alright? we search our faces
this Claus who may be saint or ogre
we knew in October we couldn't pare
ourselves away. God rest ye merry
dears, let nothing ye dismay.

5 comments:

beth coyote said...

It's ok not to complete a puzzle. I have a jigsaw in my living room and I can't even get the BORDER. It sits there, mocking me. I can even hear it when I'm in bed. Nyah, nyah, nyah.

beth coyote said...

Oh, it's all because I'm too good for a 500 piece puzzle. I want the 1000 piece ones with all the weird shapes. Gawd.

Laura Gamache said...

I hear ya with the puzzle - I won't even LOOK at a 250 piece ones!

Radish King said...

I like the primary color ones with four pieces and each piece has a handle.

Laura Gamache said...

Rebecca you crack me up!