Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New York Times Daily Crossword Puzzle Poem Draft for 2 16 10

Look now as I display your temporal lobe
throbbing since you're late for this appointment
I judge you not for all your trips to Arbys
your preference for brussels over okra
look here your mind is stuck on Paar
you've hiked the wetlands, seen the heron
your youngest serves you cootie pie
subconsciously you're leied so now aloha
the end is near and all you want's a kiss
how old were you again? Here's Don Ameche
a couple PeeChees and now we're back to food,
a high school where you'll never win, amen.


---

Discipline's a thing that must be a useful tool
though those of us who cling to fossils, fool
ourselves that we're immune from need
to read anything but what we want - life's
an easy A and all our doubts are cured!
so maybe I'm absurd so go ahead and gasp
we'll calm the gods and milk the asp.

---

Yesterday I spent over three hours transferring auto payments from the closed account ("Did you order a playstation to be delivered to Florida?" "NO!") into the new one. Cards arrived on the back porch via FedEx. Somebody climbed a hundred stairs in rain when they could have come into the alley, but that's self sufficiency gone haywire. Once again, the worst company to deal with is Comcast. Every dealing I have with them and their awful automated system with its choices that have nothing to do with what anybody would choose I lose more tooth enamel. I have devolved into a jibbering steam engine before I speak to the first human who opens by asking me my secret word. I'll tell you my secret word!

7 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lyn said...

OK, that's a little weird. They can reply to your Blog, but they can't give you good service.

Creepy, creepy, creepy!!!

Go ahead and Google the guy.

Radish King said...

Yeah but don't click on his link. It looks spammish.
xo

wv:remouser

Laura Gamache said...

spammy and weird and wtf

Lyn said...

I actually don't think it's spam, per se. I think it is actually generated by Comcast, weird as it may be. Really. I googled the guy. I don't think he's really a "guy", maybe a department. But still weird that they troll blogs.

xoxo
Date was . . . educational.

wv: rests

Lyn said...

But once again, must comment, just to tell you that the wv is:

sisterfu

and to add about the date, while I'm here, that he injects human growth hormone and testosterone. I'm thinking maybe not.

Radish King said...

I once dated a cellist who injected tumors in rats. I bet you knew him!!!