Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life is so learn as you go - I just succeeded in understanding the meaning of the trashcan icon beside each comment and was able to delete the offending "comcastcares" remarks. Moment of immense satisfaction.

As opposed to last night when I had to call my husband who was skiing (okay apres skiing) in Telluride, tv remotes lined up in front of me, to ask him the sequence of events with these vaguely phallic vaguely magic wand objects. I had gone through an exhaustive (I imagined) process of actions with all of them, in sequence, before my call. He was trying to explain to me what to do and I was trying to assure him I had done sophisticated experimentation when he stopped me and said, "just listen to me." I did and was able to watch the first ten minutes of "Johnny English" which I then put back into its Netflix envelope because it was either horrifyingly awful or not anything I was in the mood to watch. Okay, I will be judgmental. I would have to smoke a lot of nutmeg or banana peel to enjoy that movie.

Now for today's Daily Crossword Puzzle Poetry Draft

Slim chance we'll see an eft ooze from the slime
I watched a carrot once, to see if I could see it grow
but that was long ago when I believed what I read
or what anybody said
before the salamander, before the wheel,
when I swallowed everything with zeal
and never tooted my own horn. (I didn't even have one.)
That was the beginning, then came the age of linen
American salwar kameez and yoga pants
a stance not backed up by subsequent events.
Have I ever known what I have meant?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you seen "Cherry Blossoms"? I think you would like it. It's in German and Japanese. I think it's beautiful.

Did you really watch a carrot?

wv: onsie = what Quinn wears

Laura Gamache said...

I read the carrot thing in a book written in calligraphy in about 1971.

Loved "Cherry Blossoms" - my introduction to butoh dancing - Google it if you're interested. Looking for "butoh" I saw a review that called it "a double portrait of grieving" - just the phrase I was looking for.
cyscal = used to review movies with Ebert

Radish King said...

ok i have to admit i cracked up when you wrote that you just discovered what the little trash cans were for.
xo

wv: frurenis: a vaguely phallic word for computer icons that are not readily explainable.

Laura Gamache said...

Hey Miz Rebecca! I'm in Port Townsend two weeks teaching poetry to 5th and 8th graders and staying at CENTRUM. How fabulous is this!!??