Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's raining and just over 50 degrees farenheit but I've taken off my jeans and warm boots and put on my salwar kamez to go to my friend Don's opening at the Tacoma Art Museum tonight.

The last time I wore this outfit was to feed Indian food to my daughter and her husband this spring. My daughter wore her salwar kamez too, Jim wore his long blue kamez and Todd wore the caftan a friend brought back from Morocco. Will I look ridiculous tonight? Who cares! People wear all kinds of weird outfits to art events, and this is designed to be incredibly staid (and, being silk, a tad hot in southern India.) The event on the other hand will not be staid. It will be fun, and involve a spice tasting and some sort of dancing I have forgotten because I haven't looked at the invitation for a couple of days.

No comments: