Tuesday, January 08, 2008

She said move me, move me
I'm locked up inside
Well, I didn't understand her
though God knows I tried
She said make me angry
But just make me cry
But no more grey morning
I think I'd rather die
from "No More Grey Morning" by James Taylor

I was thinking the last four lines and four seconds on the internet later had located the whole lyric. Miraculous. Xeroxing too is miraculous.

Thus it is that a mood can turn upward. Another miracle.

I am reading at Richard Hugo House with other folks from SAL WITS next week. Though I just popped miraculously to the site and do not see my name listed, which endangers that upward momentum, dang it. Even if I am not reading, things get cooking 7pm Wednesday, January 16 in the cabaret. More news on the subject in this blog. Cost: FREE!

Another free reading in Seattle, this one tomorrow night, January 10 at Seattle Art Museum. Very adult time: 8 to 9 pm. Curated by the ubiquitous Cody Walker, SAL Writer in Residence and Seattle Poet Populist. The theme is the perils of poetry, poets are Richard Kenney, Eric McHenry and Jason Whitmarsh.

No comments: