Thursday, January 03, 2008

NEW NEW NEW! I have added links! I have put a visual element atop my blog! It is so much easier to do these things now that the new blogger doesn't require the secret handshake of technological knowhow, though my brain could have used the exercise and I had resolved today to work out how to add links, not even realizing I could add the visual element. Happy, happy, happy.

Gray and rainy and rainy and gray today. The coach made it home to Miami last night, though my brilliant ploy of routing her through Baltimore to avoid Chicago didn't work as the plane stopped in Chicago on the way to Baltimore. First it circled in the sky for an extra hour so that the coach spent a moment panicked, wondering if she'd somehow gotten on the wrong plane. She got to sit on the runway awhile in Chicago over a "personal issue" that involved a police car and the removal of a carry on item and no further explanation from the flight crew. She also paid a cab driver $80 for the ride from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach. She could see the credit card machine by the driver's feet but he told her he'd take only cash so they had to go to the Publix Market where the ATM was broken so the coach went in and bought "some whole grains" and got extra cash. She didn't have the money for the guy to drive her the four blocks home so had to walk dragging her two full bags.

I am back on track for getting myself to India. I have so much guilt about doing anything that is just for me, and suddenly realized I had not applied for a Visa in the middle of the night. I still have not applied, but have seen that it takes 5 business days from when you apply, and have contacted my friends in Cochin so I can use their contact info for my India contact info. Maybe I should just go ahead and use the Radisson in Delhi. Oh but first I have to reserve the Radisson in Delhi.

No comments: