Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lost Item

Lost in the bathroom, far east end of Terminal B, Logan Airport, my brand new hardback copy of The Omnivore's Dilemma, unread.

Please return to Pippi at this blog, pronto.

Note: this collage pilfered from the website of Deborah F. Lawrence, fabulous satirical collage artist. Go to www.deedeeworks.com.

Don't jerk me around, I have important things to do today. Upstairs, where the flying ants clustered before they were dessimated by the sticky goo the exterminator lay down around every floor to wall juncture, many projects lie about the space I like to call my workroom. I spend time here making poems, lesson plans, collages and handmade books. I also spend more time than I want to tidying, which, as Mrs. Beerman from kindergarten could confirm, is not my preferred activity. "Pippi L. does not seem to like to clean up," was the text of the comment section of my very first school report card. This was before my star status period of brilliant bubble test results put an end to this unkind of observation.

No comments: