Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Performing Without a Net

Medusa in rollers behind cigarette smoke
your life you thought was worse than grim
because of us, because of him
because your life gave way to whim
so much that I have never understood
a mobius strip to trip you round its fold
it doesn't matter who you might have been
see what we need is not so much attention
as dessert. A fruity drink, a baking pan
civilization requires the cookie sheet and flan
and decorated cakes. Make no mistake
without the pastry tube we wouldn't have a chance.
Bring me my tiara and a peacock feather
I have my skills and you predict the weather.
I'll let you wander through your blankly head
besides you'll enjoy nothing when you're dead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks. I'll bet this is first in the series. I recognized her right off!

"Medusa in rollers behind cigarette smoke"

For some reason, I felt transported back to New Orleans.

wv: shist: sister shit

Laura Gamache said...

HAAAAAAA! xoxo

ressur: what ressurs you?