Saturday, June 12, 2010

I put conventional oil in my VW TDI beetle
so now I have to drain it before I can drive anywhere
which is a teeny problem since I'm at Lake Chelan
and it is 4am.

Breathing until I can call someone and work this out.
I've read various TDI forum remarks
what else to do with eyes like headlights
and the brain half on?

Up up up in the parking area my beetle sits
with bad oil in its belly. Saturating its surfaces
all the places that 10w30 oil will mess with because of its
wrong viscosity, its conventionality a liability.

Ah for Castrol to meet the VW 505.01 standard!
My kingdom for that Castrol 5w40 TXT 505.01
and the ability to go back to sleep.

6 comments:

Radish King said...

Oh damn, I'm so sorry! I lost a clutch and a flywheel a couple weeks ago. Car troubles. Grr.
xo

Lyn said...

It will be ok. How are you? Did you get some sleep?

wv: tricar - Ha!

garner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beth coyote said...

Oops.

彥安 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Gamache said...

Thank you R and L and B for supportive comments that did indeed help me through this. I think I've risen from my fainting couch. xoxo