Monday, April 26, 2010

Working on a blog post for another blog, not my own.
Working with kids in a small rural high school - first day back since fall.
Working or hoping to work on making dinner for myself.
Done working on making kid poems big on 11 x 17 paper.
I may have mucked them up - I trusted the copier's auto setting to align the page pleasingly. The poems begin low on the page which is bothering me.
Never doing enough or enough right to feel I'm doing enough or enough right.
Names in the book were attributed wrong on a few poems.
I have bought more full page labels to remedy on each of the 150 copies these errors
than I will use in years. Will the stick-um fatigue? I am fatigued.
Clouds have returned after a warm, clear-sky weekend featuring the din of returning water birds and me walking the wetlands trail.
Sorry for neglecting this blog - I've been in and out of planes, trains, and automobiles without getting to room with Steve Martin or have the car catch hilariously on fire.
I was not stuck in Europe beneath an ash cloud, but I heard stories.
I'm at the Fred Meyer where there is wi-fi. There is no wi-fi where I live.
There is a warm bed, the hilarious novel THE ANTHOLOGIST by Nicholson Baker nearby. If you are a poet, it is funny. If you are me it is funny. Will anybody else titter into their William Blake motif flannel sheets? I bet somebody somewhere manufactures William Blake motif flannel sheets.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura,
We really have been there! Great to be torn into pieces isn't it, just trying to get things accomplished especially on a Monday! Do you think people should really write a blog on Monday? Who has the time! Glad your back anyway! God Bless! Mona

Lyn said...

Yay! She's back! Don't sell your soul to that other blog. I'll have to tell you about my new job some day. LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO. The place just blows my mind. Clean out. Luckily I have a hanky.

All of the kids you teach are so lucky to have you. Really, really. Try my new mantra, "I am ok right now. Right now I am ok."

xo
Lyn

beth coyote said...

I want Will Blake motif sheets, the ones with the angles and shit.

I'm leaving for Haiti a week from Friday. ARGGGAAAA! it's 100 degrees there today. Gawd.