Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haiti, Haiti, Haiti.
A friend of mine suggested donating to Mercy Corps or Paul Farmer's Partners in Health. I'm a fan of both organizations. Partners in Health has been working in Haiti 20 years, so I chose them. If you have medical skills they need (orthopedic/trauma), medical supplies (large quantities), or private plane they WANT YOU! GET GOING!

I am grateful for my good fortune and giddy delight in language, for love and a foundation, for clean water out of the tap. I am grateful that today when my husband and I both admitted we are scared of the melted plastic door of our microwave which has fallen so that the microwaves may have been getting into the room and our brains and messing with us, that we could get into our car and drive to the appliance store and buy a new one. We know where our daughters are and that they are alright.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

I think you made the right choice.

I love your gratitude list.

Love you.

Lyn

beth coyote said...

Paul Farmer-oh, I read his book, oh Haiti.

Unknown said...

Laura,

You are so right! We have a lot to be Thankful for, and we take it so much for granted! I appreciated the article about Haiti because I'm sure they don't have any microwaves nor at his time do they give a hoot! Just a roof over there heads would do! Thanks for sharing! Mona

Laura Gamache said...

Thanks all. And continue upwards and forward with hope and help for Haiti.