Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chilly at The Daily Grind in K Falls,
day sunny and cold, coffee gone.
I am unequal to the Saturday
crossword puzzle, which I misuse
for poetic muse. My talent unproven
my work rejected by VOLT
Why Poetry? my students ask
though become smitted by Matthew
Dickman whose work and swearing
smote their distance, their remove,
they love me for introducing them
I'm poetry go-between, gateway drug
all dullness scoured from the hours
we spent in Bend befriended by
poetry and Sherman Alexie. All
was golden and I'm beholden to many
for the money honey and now must
do the diligence as penitence for forging
forward without forethough, collecting
cash before considering consequences
other than happening our trip. I've made
a grid with addresses and amounts,
have downloaded donations from PayPal.
My extemporaneous accounting amounted
to more than anyone can count. Peace out.

2 comments:

beth coyote said...

Lambchop-VOLT doesn't have any sense or taste. Who needs 'em? Anyway. We, your faithful subjects, appreciate you.

Laura Gamache said...

Ah Beth, you make me smile and believe. I loved Lambchop and Sherry Lewis by the way. Sherry Lewis and Wonda Wonda were my fantasy moms. xo