Friday, October 16, 2009

In answer to a question from one of my students, Sherman Alexie replied, "A successful literary career is mostly about postage, and I guess email now." In which case the last two days I have been mid-very-successful-literary career, having sent out probably 13 submissions, not counting the book manuscript I sent to a contest. Now that I've reproofed (I reprove myself for not having done this BEFORE sending to the contest having caught several typos from what I thought was a 100% clean manuscript) the book, I might as well send it off to some other book contests. I've duct taped the big flapping lips of my inner critic and set her out in the bike and kayak shed to entertain the clumsy and loud-walking ground squirrel with her deep sighing.

3 comments:

Radish King said...

YAAY! It's about time you let your terrific work out of the bag. It's so funny that I wrote the same thing about my inner critic in an interview last summer. I duct tape her mouth shut and kick her down the stairs. Hope you are well.
love,
Rebecca

Laura Gamache said...

YAY! I have sporadic access to internet - so happy to go on line and find you! I AM well, and working! Wow. Hope you are TOO!
Love back,
Laura

beth coyote said...

You go, girl. I have sent my manu to about 5 places...sigh. So congrats on your herculean effort. Can't wait to see you when you get back into town.