Thursday, May 14, 2009

I googled "You are Here image" and got BOOKSHELVES!
I like them though I don't know how, except with rocket skates or suspensors, you get TO the books in the upper left photo.

After long absence, I return to this page, the time between a blurrrrrr of what the heck WAS I doing - putting together books and readings (one my own - at Hugo House with other WITS writers. I sent out no publicity. I am already sitting in a corner,) teaching at two schools, finishing work for two others. It's May, tra la, and while I have woodruff flowering in my garden, I have not gone a-Maying.

Here is a poem draft using the May 13 Daily Crossword. Ahem.

Be glad she'll have a girl, just think of Herod
NSync, Anvil, Woodstock, any band,
or any man with all their plans to blot
a blotch upon the sea or map. Let's evade
GI Joes and wonder if that skirt is boxy
do you want red velvet or the lemon?

--

Here's your chance, one out of ten
so let's begin your easy tosses
hit the running light on this vessel
or miss and we'll whistle and snort.
(abort)

---

Children gather 'round I'm gonna talk like Plato.
You know the joke. The notebooks all say "PlayDoh".
---

From out of where came this Miss Manners-
we do not like her make her leave.
--


Seventh graders wrote like Emily Dickinson yesterday.

Poem 3,462

To make a Poem
you Need a pencil and a Paper
and an - eraser
an Eraser alone - will Do
if paper is few.

-7th Grade Boy

---

The 4th, 5th and 6th graders
write odes to their drawings of Grecian Urns
and I say
More rainy May
more rainy, rainy May.

2 comments:

Amanda Laughtland said...

The 7th grade boy's Dickinson imitation is perfect!

Laura Gamache said...

I LOVE it!